Looking for Unix, Telecoms, Computers, Internet, Applications and Data?
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE OTHER UTCIAD.CO.UK

Thursday 24 October 2019

11 Amazing And Tenuous Connections I have With AFCB


I just thought I'd post some weird and intimate facts and connections I have with AFCB to illustrate that while it was once a lower league club languishing in obscurity and at best mid-table mediocrity, it was still a thriving part of the community (and still is, to some extent).
Here are not even the top 11 most random facts that come into my head about AFCB and me (it was 10, but then I thought of an eleventh):

  1. I regularly talk to, and go round for coffee with the people who used to look after Eddie Howe's dog when he first started training with AFCB, and can still remember how excited he was to make his first-team debut.
  2. I once helped move the AFCB.co.uk internal mail server 
  3. I used to sneak up on Jeff Mostyn and do a very passable impression of Gerald Krasner (then-time appointed Administrator during the period of AFCB's administration in 2008) asking him for money.  Jeff used to poo his pants. 
  4. Ken Gardiner once came out in his Jag to specifically hand my sister some cash to pay for her weekly shop at ASDA's (other supermarkets are available) whilst chairman of AFCB.
  5. I more than once flicked my cigarette butt into the home dug-out before a match at Dean Court.  I did it because it used to drive Sean O'Driscoll mad.
  6. When we had the old "caterers" at DC, someone left a burger at the back of the North Stand, unboxed, uneaten, just a burger.  Two weeks later, the same burger was still there in the same place - no stadium cleaners, nowt.  Then it dawned on me that in two weeks not a single rat, pigeon, crow or squirrel had touched that burger.  I never again ate a burger from those caterers.
  7. Tokelo Rantie used to come round to my house
  8. Mick Cunningham (ex-AFCB Official Photographer, R.I.P. my friend) used to give me a lift to the pub after matches
  9. I witnessed Savi (Alistair Saverimutto - ex-Chief Exec - "making arguably the best managerial appointment of the 2008/2009 season in Eddie Howe" - nothing like re-writing history...) telling one of my mates that he would "cut your <his> legs off"
  10. I know Non (Mr Red Army Man) so well that I am officially titled "110% worse one because I 'moke" (even though I gave up smoking 3 years ago) and I have had the enjoyment of spending probably around 3-400 hours in his company going to away games both in the car and on the train (not counting all the pub time and match time we've communally shared).  He's a force of nature.  He's unstoppable once he gets going.  The bloke is such a class act that we have many, many hundreds of "Non-isms" that he's come up with over the years.  Ones that range from, "Ref you need guide dog" through "Lino, you got dog shit in your eye" all the way to, "heurr, it gone nickle bit wonky".  Classic one-liners that only The Non can come up with. Red Army, Red Army, thank you.
  11. I've been treated in hospital by the Godmother of Eddie Howe's children. 

There.  I bet you're now thoroughly amazed and in awe of my tenuous connections.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ralph Hasenhuttl Doing A Sterling Job Down The Road

Ralph Hasenhuttl masterminded a premier league record-making game last night as not only did he ensure no points were gained on home soil...